Create an IRL experience to drive brand love, buzz, social sentiment and engagement with Gen Z audiences in London.
Knowledge is power. Being in the know is the new currency so let’s create an activation where the access is driven by current fan culture - fans first access.
We tapped into what we know Gen Z love: playful experiences with one-off moments, exclusive community connection and intimate access to rising stars, while at the same time tying the core of our idea to the Spotify principles of discovery, connection, expression and personalisation.
Across four days of live programming, we brought fans and creators closer together with Greasy Tunes - a pop-up modern take on a traditional greasy spoon cafe.
Greasy Tunes arrived in East London’s culture hub, Shoreditch, this July. Paying homage to London’s iconic fry up, the cafe had a huge menu on and off the table – giving fans the chance to engage IRL with their favourite creators, from music’s rising stars and established big hitters, to the nation’s beloved podcasters and songwriters.
During the daytime, fans got to hang out with some of the UK’s most-loved podcasters including The Receipts, The Fellas and JaackMaate’s Happy Hour. From tortilla slapping to dilemma solving, Greasy Tunes became home to panel talks, challenges, gossip-sessions, Q&A’s and more. All hosted by Gen Z TikTokers, Ash Holme, America Foster and Luke Vernon.
In the evening we turned down the lights and transformed the cafe into an intimate live gig space, hosting some of the hottest UK Gen Z talent. From alternative and indie pop to rap, the cafe saw the likes of Thomas Headon, ArrDee, ShaSimone, Cat Burns, Piri & Tommy and Rachel Chinouriri perform.
Music was baked in to the experience with guests receiving their very own, unique Greasy Tunes playlist based on their choice of breakfast.
- Across 14 events, 2,730 tickets were claimed (100% sell out) with a further 1,440 individuals on waitlists
- Overall reach of the @SpotifyUK handle peaked at 56.7M for the live week of Greasy Tunes
- #GreasyTunes reached 750k+ across social and achieved 92% positive sentiment
- 115% WOW increase in positive mentions, peaking with over 1,200 mentions for ArrDee’s headline finale slot
- 100% of attendees were extremely likely or likely to attend a Greasy Tunes event again