Are you a social media master looking for the opportunity to work with a global brand? Do you enjoy hosting socials and bringing people together?
Major League Baseball is on the lookout for well-connected and influential students, confident in their ability to bring people together through socials and events. The role will see you help drive awareness of MLB’s new social sport, MLB60, on-campus and online across the academic year. You will also support MLB60 games and plan unmissable socials on-campus, showcasing how MLB60 does it different.
- As your university’s Community Captain, you will lead on growing the MLB60 Community - taking control of the social media communications, gaining invaluable career skills, and even receiving a social media masterclass from Major League Baseball themselves!
- As a social butterfly, you will secure collaborations with other societies, and continually increase MLB60 game turnout by leaning on your large network where necessary. You will be paired with an MLB60 Game Captain - they will lead on the game logistics, you will take responsibility for game promotion.
- Your role will also see you enjoy MLB60 game-play, supporting the Game Captain and making the most of music, food, drinks and unforgettable post-game socials - all courtesy of MLB60. Can you think of a better role to amplify your year?
AS AN MLB60 COMMUNITY CAPTAIN YOU WILL:
- Be a social butterfly, influential on campus with lot of connections, strong communication skills and be social media savvy
- Be keen to give a new social sport a go, and want to support with games at your university and grow participation
- Be famous on campus for hosting the best socials and events, and have a natural ability to make everyone feel welcome
- Be passionate about success and adding value – this role will be yours to really own and impress us with
- Representing Major League Baseball and MLB60 on & off-campus, continuously creating awareness of the sport online and on the ground
- Driving new players to each MLB60 game by securing collaborations with societies and leveraging student networks
- Promoting, supporting and driving footfall to the MLB60 live Freshers’ Fair tour at your university
- Planning unforgettable post-game socials and streaming parties with budgets gifted from MLB60
- Helping grow the official MLB60 social channels at your university, and posting about key MLB60 events
- Making MLB60 relevant and front of mind to students looking for a new sport
- Building a strong MLB60 community, set to take part in intramural games
YOUR REWARDS INCLUDE:
A fantastic termly pay package
Flexible hours – up to 6-8 hours a week
Weekly cash incentives and MLB merchandise for top performing Captains
Gain amazing work experience as a Community Captain working for a giant global brand - Major League Baseball - which will look great on your CV!
MLB kit and equipment gifted plus regular social budgets gifted from MLB60 - to be spent on huge socials planned by you and the Game Captain
Opportunity to attend immersive experiences across the UK, inc. the ultimate Captain training day at Home Run House & a Festival event in the summer
The best of the best SBAs will get the opportunity to interview for internships/graduate scheme roles with Seed Marketing and other Seed clients
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to a phone interview with one of the Seed team. Following this, we will announce the successful applicants!
Our chosen MLB60 Captains for the year will be invited to attend an immersive training day experience at Home Run House in London in w.c. 6th September to welcome you to the MLB60 Team. Full training day details will be confirmed upon accepting the role, but all successful applicants must be available to attend the MLB60 Training Day.
At the moment, we are only currently recruiting for students from the below universities:
Leeds Beckett University
Manchester Metropolitan University
Oxford Brookes University
University of Brighton
University of Kent
University of Nottingham
University of Portsmouth
University of Reading
University of Southampton
University of Warwick
University of York
Seed is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (“Protected Characteristics”).